Monday, December 24, 2012

The Beginning of Our Journey

After 3 years and 2 miscarriages later I finally saw that word I waited so long for.."PREGNANT"
 I couldn't believe it even though i had been telling my husband all October that I would be pregnant by the end of November. I'm not sure if he believed it though.. I
 saw this inspirational video on youtube about writing down your goals she also quoted a bible verse as well. Needless to say i was moved' i decided to write down all the things I hoped for and among those things was becoming pregnant before the year ended. On November 13th i started spotting and I immediately thought I was pregnant. I know any sane person would have thought that their cycle was about to start. It had been two months since my last cycle (my cycles are very irregular to say the least)
Long story short after i saw the spotting and I immediately went to the store after my husband left for work. I quickly came home and took the test. The test came back PREGNANT.. I sent a pic of the test to my hubby; we both were excited. That excitement was short lived after I started bleeding on December 1st. I had an appt on Dec 3rd an ultra-sound was done and we saw the yoke sac which measured at 5 weeks and 1 day. I left the doctor thinking everything would be ok. I bleed with my daughter and my first pregnancy which ended abruptly at 5 mth. i went into preterm labor and my daughter passed shortly after birth. With that being said i didn't lose hope when i began to bleed but then i started cramping. i kept telling my husband i don't remember cramping or being in any pain. i began to bleed more. i called my doctor and i basically was told i was miscarrying and to take  tylenol. I didn't want to hear that, i didn't want to believe that i was miscarrying. On December 11 i had an ultra sound appt and by this time the bleeding had almost stopped a little brown spotting here and there. I was hopeful and scared. Finally the doctor came in to do the ultra sound and as soon as h bega I knew I miscarried. During the ultra sound he said your uterus cleaned itself out nicely..seriously those were his first words. I tried my best to hold back my tears as long as i could. I wanted to run out as soin as i heard those words. My husband was in the parking lot with our daughter waiting; I couldn't wait to run into his arms. I was told i miscarried Dec 5th; which was when i began bleeding heavy. We are now trying to concieve our rainbow baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment